Production Supervisor – Night Shift
Shift Hours: Monday – Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Summary: Supervise the manufacture of parts to specifications using a team environment by:
performing QA inspections, directing operators, optimizing quality and productivity, while
performing other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that may be necessary from time to time.
• Comply with all safety regulations.
• Working from the priority list, manage the production floor and staff to meet targeted workflows.
• Make operator assignments to optimize man to machine ratio. Assist and share responsibility with the operator(s) in achieving/exceeding required quality and production standards.
• Interface with machinists, operators, and scheduling to maximize production, to execute schedules (meet lead times), and to facilitate uninterrupted set-ups.
• Use the necessary inspection equipment to verify product conformance to requirements.
• Using control plans, document major events on each job, and communicate job status to the following shift.
• Interface with outside repair services as needed, and issue MROs for major repairs/overhauls.
• Train/coach CNC Operators. Provide management with progress updates for trainees and input for operator’s performance appraisals.
• Complete JCRs to engineering on set-ups that exceed the standard time allowed, jobs that do not meet predetermined cycle times, and quality requirements that are unable to be met.
• Monitor operator’s SPC charting or perform SPC as needed. Suggest adjustments or modifications to processes, in conjunction with Engineering, to improve results.
• Follow the safe practices and housekeeping instructions developed for the shop. Observe ergonomic principles and guidelines.
• Learn about new developments/breakthroughs in processes, tooling, and inspection procedures. Continue relevant education.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
• Must demonstrate a quality and results driven approach.
• Must demonstrate a customer and company focused attitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees in the organization.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Have comprehensive knowledge of shop manufacturing.
• Have interpersonal skills to coach and effectively relate with others.
• Have advanced print reading, GD&T and parts inspection abilities.
• Know SPC and be able to interpret SPC data.
• Completed CNC safety and ergonomic training.
• Computer literate.
• Read, write, and speak English.
• Math competency – basic trigonometry.
• Understand continual improvement principles and their application.
• Understand ST’s ISO Quality Management System.
• Ability to write standard documentation.
• Ability to use a computer for daily activities.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years minimum successful supervisory experience.