Summary: The CNC Swiss/CNC Lathe Operator is responsible for the manufacture of parts per customer specifications utilizing CNC Single Spindle Swiss Screw machines and/or CNC Lathes.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include otherduties and responsibilities that may be necessary from time to time.
• Comply with all safety regulations.
• Comply with all Quality System requirements.
• Perform data entry tasks.
• Use a variety of measuring devices to inspect parts and verify conformance of work to specifications.
• Operate CNC Single Spindle Swiss Screw Machines and/or CNC Lathes.
• Adjust machine tools to maintain quality specifications.
• Sharpen and replace cutting tools as needed.
• Adjust or replace collets and bushings as needed.
• Replace raw material when needed to continue the manufacturing process.
• Separate chips from parts, wash parts, and count parts.
• Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on equipment.
• Train other machinists to maintain or improve job skills.
• Begin to perform set ups for production parts requiring no more than three axis.
• Contribute to continual improvement initiatives.
• Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must demonstrate a quality and results driven approach.
• Must demonstrate a customer and company focused attitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees in the organization.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write standard documentation.
• Ability to use a computer for daily activities.
Education/Experience: • High School diploma or equivalent